1. contract - noun
· a binding agreement between two or more persons that is enforceable by law
2. contract - noun
· (contract bridge) the highest bid becomes the contract setting the number of tricks that the bidder must make
3. contract - noun
· a variety of bridge in which the bidder receives points toward game only for the number of tricks he bid
4. contract - verb
· enter into a contractual arrangement
5. contract - verb
· engage by written agreement; "They signed two new pitchers for the next season"
6. contract - verb
· squeeze or press together; "she compressed her lips"; "the spasm contracted the muscle"
7. contract - verb
· be stricken by an illness, fall victim to an illness; "He got AIDS"; "She came down with pneumonia"; "She took a chill"
8. contract - verb
· become smaller or draw together; "The fabric shrank"; "The balloon shrank"
9. contract - verb
· make smaller; "The heat contracted the woollen garment"
10. contract - verb
· compress or concentrate; "Congress condensed the three-year plan into a six-month plan"
11. contract - verb
· make or become more narrow or restricted; "The selection was narrowed"; "The road narrowed"
12. contract - verb
· reduce in scope while retaining essential elements; "The manuscript must be shortened"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.