1. contain - verb
· include or contain; have as a component; "A totally new idea is comprised in this paper"; "The record contains many old songs from the 1930's"
2. contain - verb
· contain or hold; have within; "The jar carries wine"; "The canteen holds fresh water"; "This can contains water"
3. contain - verb
· lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits; "moderate your alcohol intake"; "hold your tongue"; "hold your temper"; "control your anger"
4. contain - verb
· be divisible by; "24 contains 6"
5. contain - verb
· be capable of holding or containing; "This box won't take all the items"; "The flask holds one gallon"
6. contain - verb
· hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of; "Arrest the downward trend"; "Check the growth of communism in South East Asia"; "Contain the rebel movement"; "Turn back the tide of communism"
7. contained - adjective
· gotten under control; "the oil spill is contained"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.