Dictionary Results for connection|
1. connection - noun
· a relation between things or events (as in the case of one causing the other or sharing features with it); "there was a connection between eating that pickle and having that nightmare"
Synonym(s): connexion, connectedness
2. connection - noun
· the state of being connected; "the connection between church and state is inescapable"
Synonym(s): link, connectedness
Hypernym(s): union, unification
3. connection - noun
· an instrumentality that connects; "he soldered the connection"; "he didn't have the right connector between the amplifier and the speakers"
Synonym(s): connexion, connector, connecter, connective
Hypernym(s): instrumentality, instrumentation
4. connection - noun
· (usually plural) a person who is influential and to whom you are connected in some way (as by family or friendship); "he has powerful connections"
Hypernym(s): acquaintance, friend
5. connection - noun
· the process of bringing ideas or events together in memory or imagination; "conditioning is a form of learning by association"
Synonym(s): association, connexion
Hypernym(s): memory, remembering
6. connection - noun
· a connecting shape
Synonym(s): connexion, link
Hypernym(s): shape, form
7. connection - noun
· a supplier (especially of narcotics)
Hypernym(s): supplier, provider
8. connection - noun
· shifting from one form of transportation to another; "the plane was late and he missed his connection in Atlanta"
Hypernym(s): transportation, transport, transfer, transferral, conveyance
9. connection - noun
· the act of bringing two things into contact (especially for communication); "the joining of hands around the table"; "there was a connection via the internet"
Synonym(s): joining, connexion
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.