1. compound - noun
· a whole formed by a union of two or more elements or parts
2. compound - noun
· (chemistry) a substance formed by chemical union of two or more elements or ingredients in definite proportion by weight
3. compound - noun
· an enclosure of residences and other building (especially in the Orient)
4. compound - verb
· make more intense, stronger, or more marked; "The efforts were intensified"; "Her rudeness intensified his dislike for her"; "Pot smokers claim it heightens their awareness"; "This event only deepened my convictions"
5. compound - verb
· put or add together; "combine resources"
6. compound - verb
· calculate principal and interest
7. compound - verb
· create by mixing or combining
8. compound - verb
· combine so as to form a whole; mix; "compound the ingredients"
9. compound - adjective
· composed of more than one part; "compound leaves are composed of several lobes"; "compound flower heads"
10. compound - adjective
· consisting of two or more substances or ingredients or elements or parts; "soap is a compound substance"; "housetop is a compound word"; "a blackberry is a compound fruit"
11. compound - adjective
· composed of many distinct individuals united to form a whole or colony; "coral is a colonial organism"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.