Dictionary Results for comforts|
1. comforts - noun
· things that make you comfortable and at ease; "all the comforts of home"
Synonym(s): creature_comforts, amenities, conveniences
Hypernym(s): support, keep, livelihood, living, bread_and_butter, sustenance
2. comfort - noun
· a state of being relaxed and feeling no pain; "he is a man who enjoys his comfort"; "she longed for the comfortableness of her armchair"
Hypernym(s): condition, status
3. comfort - noun
· a feeling of freedom from worry or disappointment
Hypernym(s): pleasure, pleasance
4. comfort - noun
· the act of consoling; giving relief in affliction; "his presence was a consolation to her"
Synonym(s): consolation, solace
Hypernym(s): relief, succor, succour, ministration
5. comfort - noun
· a freedom from financial difficulty that promotes a comfortable state; "a life of luxury and ease"; "he had all the material comforts of this world"
Hypernym(s): affluence, richness
6. comfort - noun
· satisfaction or physical well-being provided by a person or thing; "his friendship was a comfort"; "a padded chair was one of the room's few comforts"
Hypernym(s): gratification, satisfaction
7. comfort - noun
· bedding made of two layers of cloth filled with stuffing and stitched together
Synonym(s): quilt, comforter, puff
Hypernym(s): bedclothes, bed_clothing, bedding
8. comfort - noun
· assistance, such as that provided to an enemy or to a known criminal; "it gave comfort to the enemy"
Hypernym(s): aid, assist, assistance, help
9. comfort - verb
· give moral or emotional strength to
Synonym(s): soothe, console, solace
10. comfort - verb
· lessen pain or discomfort; alleviate; "ease the pain in your legs"
Hypernym(s): relieve, alleviate, palliate, assuage
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.