Dictionary Results for coil|
1. coil - noun
· a structure consisting of something wound in a continuous series of loops; "a coil of rope"
Synonym(s): spiral, volute, whorl, helix
Hypernym(s): structure, construction
2. coil - noun
· a round shape formed by a series of concentric circles (as formed by leaves or flower petals)
Synonym(s): whorl, roll, curl, curlicue, ringlet, gyre, scroll
3. coil - noun
· a transformer that supplies high voltage to spark plugs in a gasoline engine
4. coil - noun
· a contraceptive device placed inside a woman's womb
Hypernym(s): contraceptive, preventive, preventative, contraceptive_device, prophylactic_device, birth_control_device
5. coil - noun
· tubing that is wound in a spiral
Hypernym(s): tube, tubing
6. coil - noun
· reactor consisting of a spiral of insulated wire that introduces inductance into a circuit
7. coil - verb
· to wind or move in a spiral course; "the muscles and nerves of his fine drawn body were coiling for action"; "black smoke coiling up into the sky"; "the young people gyrated on the dance floor"
Synonym(s): gyrate, spiral
8. coil - verb
· make without a potter's wheel; "This famous potter hand-builds all of her vessels"
Synonym(s): handbuild, hand-build
Hypernym(s): shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
9. coil - verb
· wind around something in coils or loops
Synonym(s): loop, curl
Hypernym(s): wind, wrap, roll, twine
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.