Dictionary Results for clouded|
1. cloud - verb
· make overcast or cloudy; "Fall weather often overcasts our beaches"
2. cloud - verb
· make less visible or unclear; "The stars are obscured by the clouds"; "the big elm tree obscures our view of the valley"
Synonym(s): obscure, befog, becloud, obnubilate, haze_over, fog, mist
Hypernym(s): hide, conceal
3. cloud - verb
· billow up in the form of a cloud; "The smoke clouded above the houses"
Hypernym(s): billow, wallow
4. cloud - verb
· make gloomy or depressed; "Their faces were clouded with sadness"
Hypernym(s): affect, impress, move, strike
5. cloud - verb
· place under suspicion or cast doubt upon; "sully someone's reputation"
Synonym(s): defile, sully, corrupt, taint
Hypernym(s): mar, impair, spoil, deflower, vitiate
6. cloud - verb
· make less clear; "the stroke clouded memories of her youth"
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
7. cloud - verb
· colour with streaks or blotches of different shades
Synonym(s): mottle, dapple
8. cloud - verb
· make milky or dull; "The chemical clouded the liquid to which it was added"
9. clouded - adjective
· made troubled or apprehensive or distressed in appearance; "his face was clouded with unhappiness"
10. clouded - adjective
· filled or abounding with clouds
Synonym(s): cloud-covered, overcast, sunless
11. clouded - adjective
· mentally disordered; "a mind clouded by sorrow"
12. clouded - adjective
· unclear in form or expression; "the blurred aims of the group"; "sometimes one understood clearly and sometimes the meaning was clouded"- H.G.Wells
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.