Dictionary Results for centre|
1. centre - noun
· a low-lying region in central France
2. centre - noun
· an area that is approximately central within some larger region; "it is in the center of town"; "they ran forward into the heart of the struggle"; "they were in the eye of the storm"
Synonym(s): center, middle, heart, eye
Hypernym(s): area, country
3. centre - noun
· a point equidistant from the ends of a line or the extremities of a figure
Synonym(s): center, midpoint
4. centre - noun
· a place where some particular activity is concentrated; "they received messages from several centers"
Hypernym(s): place, property
5. centre - noun
· the sweet central portion of a piece of candy that is enclosed in chocolate or some other covering
Hypernym(s): sweet, confection
6. centre - noun
· the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience; "the gist of the prosecutor's argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story"
Synonym(s): kernel, substance, core, center, essence, gist, heart, heart_and_soul, inwardness, marrow, meat, nub, pith, sum, nitty-gritty
Hypernym(s): content, cognitive_content, mental_object
7. centre - noun
· the object upon which interest and attention focuses; "his stories made him the center of the party"
Synonym(s): center, center_of_attention, centre_of_attention
8. centre - noun
· a cluster of nerve cells governing a specific bodily process; "in most people the speech center is in the left hemisphere"
Synonym(s): center, nerve_center, nerve_centre
9. centre - noun
· a building dedicated to a particular activity; "they were raising money to build a new center for research"
Hypernym(s): building, edifice
10. centre - verb
· move into the center; "That vase in the picture is not centered"
Hypernym(s): move, displace
11. centre - verb
· direct one's attention on something; "Please focus on your studies and not on your hobbies"
Synonym(s): concentrate, focus, center, pore, rivet
Hypernym(s): think, cogitate, cerebrate
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.