Dictionary Results for capital|
1. capital - noun
· assets available for use in the production of further assets
2. capital - noun
· wealth in the form of money or property owned by a person or business and human resources of economic value
3. capital - noun
· a seat of government
4. capital - noun
· one of the large alphabetic characters used as the first letter in writing or printing proper names and sometimes for emphasis; "printers once kept the type for capitals and for small letters in separate cases; capitals were kept in the upper half of the type case and so became known as upper-case letters"
Synonym(s): capital_letter, uppercase, upper-case_letter, majuscule
Hypernym(s): character, graph, grapheme, graphic_symbol
5. capital - noun
· a center that is associated more than any other with some activity or product; "the crime capital of Italy"; "the drug capital of Columbia"
Hypernym(s): center, centre
6. capital - noun
· the federal government of the United States
Synonym(s): Capital, Washington
7. capital - noun
· a book written by Karl Marx (1867) describing his economic theories
Synonym(s): Das_Kapital, Capital
8. capital - noun
· the upper part of a column that supports the entablature
Synonym(s): chapiter, cap
9. capital - adjective
· first-rate; "a capital fellow"; "a capital idea"
10. capital - adjective
· of primary importance; "our capital concern was to avoid defeat"
11. capital - adjective
· uppercase; "capital A"; "great A"; "many medieval manuscripts are in majuscule script"
Synonym(s): great, majuscule
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.