1. capacity - noun
· capability to perform or produce; "among his gifts is his capacity for true altruism"; "limited runway capacity"; "a great capacity for growth"
2. capacity - noun
· the susceptibility of something to a particular treatment; "the capability of a metal to be fused"
3. capacity - noun
· the amount that can be contained; "the gas tank has a capacity of 12 gallons"
4. capacity - noun
· the maximum production possible; "the plant is working at 80 per cent capacity"
5. capacity - noun
· a specified function; "he was employed in the capacity of director"; "he should be retained in his present capacity at a higher salary"
6. capacity - noun
· (computer science) the amount of information (in bytes) that can be stored on a disk drive; "the capacity of a hard disk drive is usually expressed in megabytes"
7. capacity - noun
· an electrical phenomenon whereby an electric charge is stored
8. capacity - noun
· the power to learn or retain knowledge; in law, the ability to understand the facts and significance of your behavior
9. capacity - noun
· tolerance for alcohol; "he had drunk beyond his capacity"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.