Dictionary Results for cap|
1. cap - noun
· a tight-fitting headdress
Hypernym(s): headdress, headgear
2. cap - noun
· a top (as for a bottle)
Hypernym(s): top, cover
3. cap - noun
· a mechanical or electrical explosive device or a small amount of explosive; can be used to initiate the reaction of a disrupting explosive
Synonym(s): detonator, detonating_device
4. cap - noun
· something serving as a cover or protection
Hypernym(s): protective_covering, protective_cover, protection
5. cap - noun
· a fruiting structure resembling an umbrella or a cone that forms the top of a stalked fleshy fungus such as a mushroom
Hypernym(s): plant_part, plant_structure
6. cap - noun
· a protective covering that is part of a plant
Hypernym(s): covering, natural_covering, cover
7. cap - noun
· an upper limit on what is allowed; "he put a ceiling on the number of women who worked for him"; "there was a roof on salaries"; "they established a cap for prices"
Synonym(s): ceiling, roof
8. cap - noun
· (dentistry) dental appliance consisting of an artificial crown for a broken or decayed tooth; "tomorrow my dentist will fit me for a crown"
Synonym(s): crown, crownwork, jacket, jacket_crown
9. cap - noun
· the upper part of a column that supports the entablature
Synonym(s): capital, chapiter
10. cap - verb
· lie at the top of; "Snow capped the mountains"
11. cap - verb
· restrict the number or amount of; "We had to cap the number of people we can accept into our club"
Hypernym(s): limit, circumscribe, confine_to
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.