Dictionary Results for bump|
1. bump - noun
· a lump on the body caused by a blow
Hypernym(s): injury, hurt, harm, trauma
2. bump - noun
· something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from its surroundings; "the gun in his pocket made an obvious bulge"; "the hump of a camel"; "he stood on the rocky prominence"; "the occipital protuberance was well developed"; "the bony excrescence between its horns"
Synonym(s): bulge, hump, swelling, gibbosity, gibbousness, jut, prominence, protuberance, protrusion, extrusion, excrescence
3. bump - noun
· an impact (as from a collision); "the bump threw him off the bicycle"
4. bump - verb
· knock against with force or violence; "My car bumped into the tree"
Hypernym(s): hit, strike, impinge_on, run_into, collide_with
5. bump - verb
· come upon, as if by accident; meet with; "We find this idea in Plato"; "I happened upon the most wonderful bakery not very far from here"; "She chanced upon an interesting book in the bookstore the other day"
Synonym(s): find, happen, chance, encounter
6. bump - verb
· dance erotically or dance with the pelvis thrust forward; "bump and grind"
Hypernym(s): dance, trip_the_light_fantastic, trip_the_light_fantastic_toe
7. bump - verb
· assign to a lower position; reduce in rank; "She was demoted because she always speaks up"; "He was broken down to Sergeant"
Synonym(s): demote, relegate, break, kick_downstairs
Hypernym(s): delegate, designate, depute, assign
8. bump - verb
· remove or force from a position of dwelling previously occupied; "The new employee dislodged her by moving into her office space"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.