1. buffer - noun
· (chemistry) an ionic compound that resists changes in its pH
2. buffer - noun
· a neutral zone between two rival powers that is created in order to diminish the danger of conflict
3. buffer - noun
· an inclined metal frame at the front of a locomotive to clear the track
4. buffer - noun
· (computer science) a part of RAM used for temporary storage of data that is waiting to be sent to a device; used to compensate for differences in the rate of flow of data between components of a computer system
5. buffer - noun
· a power tool used to buff surfaces
6. buffer - noun
· a cushion-like device that reduces shock due to an impact
7. buffer - noun
· an implement consisting of soft material mounted on a block; used for polishing (as in manicuring)
8. buffer - verb
· add a buffer (a solution); "buffered saline solution for the eyes"
9. buffer - verb
· protect from impact; "cushion the blow"
10. buff - adjective
· of the yellowish-beige color of buff leather
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.