1. brown - noun
· an orange of low brightness and saturation
2. brown - noun
· Scottish botanist who first observed the movement of small particles in fluids now known a Brownian motion (1773-1858)
3. brown - noun
· abolitionist who was hanged after leading an unsuccessful raid at Harper's Ferry, Virginia (1800-1859)
4. brown - noun
· a university in Rhode Island
5. brown - verb
· fry in a pan until it changes color; "brown the meat in the pan"
6. brown - verb
· make brown in color; "the draught browned the leaves on the trees in the yard"
7. brown - adjective
· of a color similar to that of wood or earth
8. brown - adjective
· (of skin) deeply suntanned
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.