Dictionary Results for brooding|
1. brooding - noun
· sitting on eggs so as to hatch them by the warmth of the body
Hypernym(s): parturition, birth, giving_birth, birthing
2. brooding - noun
· persistent morbid meditation on a problem
3. brood - verb
· think moodily or anxiously about something
Hypernym(s): worry, care
4. brood - verb
· hang over, as of something threatening, dark, or menacing; "The terrible vision brooded over her all day long"
Synonym(s): hover, loom, bulk_large
5. brood - verb
· be in a huff and display one's displeasure; "She is pouting because she didn't get what she wanted"
Synonym(s): sulk, pout
6. brood - verb
· be in a huff; be silent or sullen
Synonym(s): grizzle, stew
Hypernym(s): sulk, pout, brood
7. brood - verb
· sit on (eggs); "Birds brood"; "The female covers the eggs"
Synonym(s): hatch, cover, incubate
Hypernym(s): reproduce, procreate, multiply
8. brooding - adjective
· deeply or seriously thoughtful; "Byron lives on not only in his poetry, but also in his creation of the `Byronic hero' - the persona of a brooding melancholy young man"
Synonym(s): broody, contemplative, meditative, musing, pensive, pondering, reflective, ruminative
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.