1. bristle - verb
· be in a state of movement or action; "The room abounded with screaming children"; "The garden bristled with toddlers"
2. bristle - verb
· rise up as in fear; "The dog's fur bristled"; "It was a sight to make one's hair uprise!"
3. bristle - verb
· have or be thickly covered with or as if with bristles; "bristling leaves"
4. bristle - verb
· react in an offended or angry manner; "He bristled at her suggestion that he should teach her how to use the program"
5. bristled - adjective
· having or covered with protective barbs or quills or spines or thorns or setae etc.; "a horse with a short bristly mane"; "bristly shrubs"; "burred fruits"; "setaceous whiskers"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.