Dictionary Results for breeding|
1. breeding - noun
· elegance by virtue of fineness of manner and expression
Synonym(s): genteelness, gentility
2. breeding - noun
· the result of good upbringing (especially knowledge of correct social behavior); "a woman of breeding and refinement"
Synonym(s): education, training
3. breeding - noun
· helping someone grow up to be an accepted member of the community; "they debated whether nature or nurture was more important"
Synonym(s): bringing_up, fostering, fosterage, nurture, raising, rearing, upbringing
Hypernym(s): socialization, socialisation, acculturation, enculturation
4. breeding - noun
· the production of animals or plants by inbreeding or hybridization
5. breeding - noun
· the sexual activity of conceiving and bearing offspring
Synonym(s): reproduction, procreation, facts_of_life
Hypernym(s): sexual_activity, sexual_practice, sex, sex_activity
6. breed - verb
· call forth
Synonym(s): engender, spawn
Hypernym(s): cause, do, make
7. breed - verb
· copulate with a female, used especially of horses; "The horse covers the mare"
Hypernym(s): copulate, mate, pair, couple
8. breed - verb
· cause to procreate (animals); "She breeds dogs"
Hypernym(s): produce, make, create
9. breed - verb
· have young (animals) or reproduce (organisms); "pandas rarely breed in captivity"
Hypernym(s): reproduce, procreate, multiply
10. breeding - adjective
· producing offspring or set aside especially for producing offspring; "the breeding population"; "retained a few bulls for breeding purposes"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.