Dictionary Results for branch|
1. branch - noun
· a division of some larger or more complex organization; "a branch of Congress"; "botany is a branch of biology"; "the Germanic branch of Indo-European languages"
Synonym(s): subdivision, arm
2. branch - noun
· a division of a stem, or secondary stem arising from the main stem of a plant
Hypernym(s): stalk, stem
3. branch - noun
· a part of a forked or branching shape; "he broke off one of the branches"
Synonym(s): leg, ramification
4. branch - noun
· a natural consequence of development
Synonym(s): outgrowth, offshoot, offset
Hypernym(s): consequence, effect, outcome, result, event, issue, upshot
5. branch - noun
· a stream or river connected to a larger one
Hypernym(s): stream, watercourse
6. branch - noun
· any projection that is thought to resemble a human arm; "the arm of the record player"; "an arm of the sea"; "a branch of the sewer"
Synonym(s): arm, limb
7. branch - verb
· grow and send out branches or branch-like structures; "these plants ramify early and get to be very large"
8. branch - verb
· divide into two or more branches so as to form a fork; "The road forks"
Synonym(s): ramify, fork, furcate, separate
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.