Dictionary Results for bottom|
1. bottom - noun
· the lower side of anything
Synonym(s): underside, undersurface
Hypernym(s): side, face
2. bottom - noun
· the lowest part of anything; "they started at the bottom of the hill"
Hypernym(s): region, part
3. bottom - noun
· the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
Synonym(s): buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind_end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear_end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail_end, tooshie, tush, behind, derriere, fanny, ass
4. bottom - noun
· the second half of an inning; while the home team is at bat
Hypernym(s): turn, bout, round
5. bottom - noun
· a depression forming the ground under a body of water; "he searched for treasure on the ocean bed"
Hypernym(s): natural_depression, depression
6. bottom - noun
· low-lying alluvial land near a river
Hypernym(s): land, ground, soil
7. bottom - noun
· a cargo ship; "they did much of their overseas trade in foreign bottoms"
Synonym(s): freighter, merchantman, merchant_ship
Hypernym(s): cargo_ship, cargo_vessel
8. bottom - verb
· provide with a bottom or a seat; "bottom the chairs"
Hypernym(s): supply, provide, render, furnish
9. bottom - verb
· strike the ground, as with a ship's bottom
Hypernym(s): hit, strike, impinge_on, run_into, collide_with
10. bottom - verb
· come to understand
Synonym(s): penetrate, fathom
11. bottom - adjective
· situated at the bottom or lowest position; "the bottom drawer"
Antonym(s): side, top
12. bottom - adjective
· the lowest rank; "bottom member of the class"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.