Dictionary Results for boots|
1. boot - noun
· footwear that covers the whole foot and lower leg
Hypernym(s): footwear, footgear
2. boot - noun
· compartment in an automobile that carries luggage or shopping or tools; "he put his golf bag in the trunk"
Synonym(s): luggage_compartment, automobile_trunk, trunk
3. boot - noun
· the swift release of a store of affective force; "they got a great bang out of it"; "what a boot!"; "he got a quick rush from injecting heroin"; "he does it for kicks"
Synonym(s): bang, charge, rush, flush, thrill, kick
Hypernym(s): exhilaration, excitement
4. boot - noun
· protective casing for something that resembles a leg
Hypernym(s): shell, case, casing
5. boot - noun
· an instrument of torture that is used to heat or crush the foot and leg
Synonym(s): the_boot, iron_boot, iron_heel
6. boot - noun
· a form of foot torture in which the feet are encased in iron and slowly crushed
Hypernym(s): torture, torturing
7. boot - noun
· the act of delivering a blow with the foot; "he gave the ball a powerful kick"; "the team's kicking was excellent"
Synonym(s): kick, kicking
8. boot - verb
· kick; give a boot to
9. boot - verb
· cause to load (an operating system) and start the initial processes; "boot your computer"
Synonym(s): reboot, bring_up
Hypernym(s): resuscitate, revive
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.