1. boom - verb
· make a resonant sound, like artillery; "His deep voice boomed through the hall"
2. boom - verb
· hit hard; "He smashed a 3-run homer"
3. boom - verb
· be the case that thunder is being heard; "Whenever it thunders, my dog crawls under the bed"
4. boom - verb
· make a deep hollow sound; "Her voice booms out the words of the song"
5. boom - verb
· grow vigorously; "The deer population in this town is thriving"; "business is booming"
6. booming - adjective
· very lively and profitable; "flourishing businesses"; "a palmy time for stockbrokers"; "a prosperous new business"; "doing a roaring trade"; "a thriving tourist center"; "did a thriving business in orchids"
7. booming - adjective
· (used of the voice or sound) deep and resonant
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.