1. bolt - noun
· a discharge of lightning accompanied by thunder
2. bolt - noun
· a sliding bar in a breech-loading firearm that ejects an empty cartridge and replaces it and closes the breech
3. bolt - noun
· the part of a lock that is engaged or withdrawn with a key
4. bolt - noun
· the act of moving with great haste; "he made a dash for the door"
5. bolt - noun
· a roll of cloth or wallpaper of a definite length
6. bolt - noun
· a screw that screws into a nut to form a fastener
7. bolt - noun
· a sudden abandonment (as from a political party)
8. bolt - verb
· move or jump suddenly; "She bolted from her seat"
9. bolt - verb
· secure or lock with a bolt; "bolt the door"
10. bolt - verb
· swallow hastily
11. bolt - verb
· run away; usually includes taking something or somebody along; "The thief made off with our silver"; "the accountant absconded with the cash from the safe"
12. bolt - verb
· leave suddenly and as if in a hurry; "The listeners bolted when he discussed his strange ideas"; "When she started to tell silly stories, I ran out"
13. bolt - verb
· eat hastily without proper chewing; "Don't bolt your food!"
14. bolt - verb
· make or roll into bolts; "bolt fabric"
15. bolt - adverb
· in a rigid manner; "the body was rigidly erect"; "he sat bolt upright"
16. bolt - adverb
· directly; "he ran bang into the pole"; "ran slap into her"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.