Dictionary Results for bob|
1. bob - noun
· a former monetary unit in Great Britain
Synonym(s): British_shilling, shilling
2. bob - noun
· a hair style for women and children; a short haircut all around
Hypernym(s): hairdo, hairstyle, hair_style, coiffure, coif
3. bob - noun
· a long racing sled (for 2 or more people) with a steering mechanism
Synonym(s): bobsled, bobsleigh
Hypernym(s): sled, sledge, sleigh
4. bob - noun
· a hanging weight, especially a metal ball on a string
5. bob - noun
· a small float usually made of cork; attached to a fishing line
Synonym(s): bobber, cork, bobfloat
6. bob - noun
· a short or shortened tail of certain animals
Synonym(s): bobtail, dock
7. bob - noun
· a short abrupt inclination (as of the head); "he gave me a short bob of acknowledgement"
Hypernym(s): inclination, inclining
8. bob - verb
· move up and down repeatedly; "her rucksack bobbed gently on her back"
9. bob - verb
· ride a bobsled; "The boys bobbed down the hill screaming with pleasure"
Hypernym(s): sled, sleigh
10. bob - verb
· remove or shorten the tail of an animal
Synonym(s): dock, tail
11. bob - verb
· make a curtsy; usually done only by girls and women; as a sign of respect; "She curtsied when she shook the Queen's hand"
Hypernym(s): greet, recognize, recognise
12. bob - verb
· cut hair in the style of a bob; "Bernice bobs her hair these days!"
Hypernym(s): dress, arrange, set, do, coif, coiffe, coiffure
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.