Dictionary Results for boards|
1. boards - noun
· (used in the plural) the stage of a theater; "most actors love to stride the boards"
Hypernym(s): theater_stage, theatre_stage
2. boards - noun
· (used in the plural) the boarding that surrounds an ice hockey rink
3. board - noun
· a committee having supervisory powers; "the board has seven members"
Hypernym(s): committee, commission
4. board - noun
· a stout length of sawn timber; made in a wide variety of sizes and used for many purposes
Hypernym(s): lumber, timber
5. board - noun
· a flat piece of material designed for a special purpose; "he nailed boards across the windows"
Hypernym(s): sheet, flat_solid
6. board - noun
· food or meals in general; "she sets a fine table"; "room and board"
7. board - noun
· a vertical surface on which information can be displayed to public view
Synonym(s): display_panel, display_board
Hypernym(s): display, video_display
8. board - noun
· a table at which meals are served; "he helped her clear the dining table"; "a feast was spread upon the board"
9. board - noun
· electrical device consisting of a flat insulated surface that contains switches and dials and meters for controlling other electrical devices; "he checked the instrument panel"; "suddenly the board lit up like a Christmas tree"
Synonym(s): control_panel, instrument_panel, control_board, panel
10. board - noun
· a printed circuit that can be inserted into expansion slots in a computer to increase the computer's capabilities
Synonym(s): circuit_board, circuit_card, card, plug-in, add-in
11. board - noun
· a flat portable surface (usually rectangular) designed for board games; "he got out the board and set up the pieces"
12. board - verb
· get on board of (trains, buses, ships, aircraft, etc.)
Hypernym(s): enter, come_in, get_into, get_in, go_into, go_in, move_into
13. board - verb
· live and take one's meals at or in; "she rooms in an old boarding house"
Hypernym(s): populate, dwell, live, inhabit
14. board - verb
· lodge and take meals (at)
15. board - verb
· provide food and lodging (for); "The old lady is boarding three men"
Hypernym(s): provide, supply, ply, cater
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.