Dictionary Results for bitter|
1. bitter - noun
· English term for a dry sharp-tasting ale with strong flavor of hops (usually on draft)
2. bitter - noun
· the taste experience when quinine or coffee is taken into the mouth
Hypernym(s): taste, taste_sensation, gustatory_sensation, taste_perception, gustatory_perception
3. bitter - noun
· the property of having a harsh unpleasant taste
4. bitter - verb
· make bitter
5. bitter - adjective
· marked by strong resentment or cynicism; "an acrimonious dispute"; "bitter about the divorce"
6. bitter - adjective
· very difficult to accept or bear; "the bitter truth"; "a bitter sorrow"
7. bitter - adjective
· harsh or corrosive in tone; "an acerbic tone piercing otherwise flowery prose"; "a barrage of acid comments"; "her acrid remarks make her many enemies"; "bitter words"; "blistering criticism"; "caustic jokes about political assassination, talk-show hosts and medical ethics"; "a sulfurous denunciation"; "a vitriolic critique"
Synonym(s): acerb, acerbic, acid, acrid, blistering, caustic, sulfurous, sulphurous, virulent, vitriolic
8. bitter - adjective
· expressive of severe grief or regret; "shed bitter tears"
9. bitter - adjective
· proceeding from or exhibiting great hostility or animosity; "a bitter struggle"; "bitter enemies"
10. bitter - adjective
· causing a sharp and acrid taste experience; "quinine is bitter"
11. bitter - adjective
· causing a sharply painful or stinging sensation; used especially of cold; "bitter cold"; "a biting wind"
12. bitter - adverb
· extremely and sharply; "it was bitterly cold"; "bitter cold"
Synonym(s): piercingly, bitterly, bitingly
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.