1. beam - noun
· a signal transmitted along a narrow path; guides airplane pilots in darkness or bad weather
2. beam - noun
· long thick piece of wood or metal or concrete, etc., used in construction
3. beam - noun
· a group of nearly parallel lines of electromagnetic radiation
4. beam - noun
· a column of light (as from a beacon)
5. beam - noun
· (nautical) breadth amidships
6. beam - noun
· the broad side of a ship; "they sighted land on the port beam"
7. beam - noun
· a gymnastic apparatus used by women gymnasts
8. beam - verb
· smile radiantly; express joy through one's facial expression
9. beam - verb
· emit light; be bright, as of the sun or a light; "The sun shone bright that day"; "The fire beamed on their faces"
10. beam - verb
· express with a beaming face or smile; "he beamed his approval"
11. beam - verb
· broadcast over the airwaves, as in radio or television; "We cannot air this X-rated song"
12. beam - verb
· have a complexion with a strong bright color, such as red or pink; "Her face glowed when she came out of the sauna"
13. beam - verb
· experience a feeling of well-being or happiness, as from good health or an intense emotion; "She was beaming with joy"; "Her face radiated with happiness"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.