Dictionary Results for bay|
1. bay - noun
· an indentation of a shoreline larger than a cove but smaller than a gulf
Hypernym(s): body_of_water, water
2. bay - noun
· the sound of a hound on the scent
3. bay - noun
· small Mediterranean evergreen tree with small blackish berries and glossy aromatic leaves used for flavoring in cooking; also used by ancient Greeks to crown victors
Synonym(s): true_laurel, bay_laurel, bay_tree, Laurus_nobilis
4. bay - noun
· a compartment on a ship between decks; often used as a hospital; "they put him in the sick bay"
5. bay - noun
· a compartment in an aircraft used for some specific purpose; "he opened the bomb bay"
6. bay - noun
· a small recess opening off a larger room
Hypernym(s): recess, niche
7. bay - noun
· a horse of a moderate reddish-brown color
Hypernym(s): horse, Equus_caballus
8. bay - verb
· utter in deep prolonged tones
Hypernym(s): talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
9. bay - verb
· bark with prolonged noises, of dogs
10. bay - adjective
· (used of animals especially a horse) of a moderate reddish-brown color
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.