Dictionary Results for bats|
1. bat - noun
· nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate
Hypernym(s): placental, placental_mammal, eutherian, eutherian_mammal
2. bat - noun
· (baseball) a turn trying to get a hit; "he was at bat when it happened"; "he got four hits in four at-bats"
Hypernym(s): turn, play
3. bat - noun
· a small racket with a long handle used for playing squash
Synonym(s): squash_racket, squash_racquet
Hypernym(s): racket, racquet
4. bat - noun
· the club used in playing cricket; "a cricket bat has a narrow handle and a broad flat end for hitting"
5. bat - noun
· a club used for hitting a ball in various games
6. bat - verb
· strike with, or as if with a baseball bat; "bat the ball"
7. bat - verb
· wink briefly; "bat one's eyelids"
Hypernym(s): blink, wink, nictitate, nictate
8. bat - verb
· have a turn at bat; "Jones bats first, followed by Martinez"
9. bat - verb
· use a bat; "Who's batting?"
10. bat - verb
· beat thoroughly and conclusively in a competition or fight; "We licked the other team on Sunday!"
Synonym(s): cream, clobber, drub, thrash, lick
Hypernym(s): beat, beat_out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
11. bats - adjective
· informal or slang terms for mentally irregular; "it used to drive my husband balmy"
Synonym(s): balmy, barmy, batty, bonkers, buggy, cracked, crackers, daft, dotty, fruity, haywire, kooky, kookie, loco, loony, loopy, nuts, nutty, round_the_bend, around_the_bend, wacky, whacky
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.