Dictionary Results for away|
1. away - adjective
· not present; having left; "he's away right now"; "you must not allow a stranger into the house when your mother is away"
2. away - adjective
· used of an opponent's ground; "an away game"
3. away - adjective
· (of a baseball pitch) on the far side of home plate from the batter; "the pitch was away (or wide)"; "an outside pitch"
4. away - adverb
· from a particular thing or place or position (`forth' is obsolete); "ran away from the lion"; "wanted to get away from there"; "sent the children away to boarding school"; "the teacher waved the children away from the dead animal"; "went off to school"; "they drove off"; "go forth and preach"
Synonym(s): off, forth
5. away - adverb
· from one's possession; "he gave out money to the poor"; "gave away the tickets"
6. away - adverb
· out of the way (especially away from one's thoughts); "brush the objections aside"; "pushed all doubts away"
7. away - adverb
· out of existence; "the music faded away"; "tried to explain away the affair of the letter"- H.E.Scudder; "idled the hours away"; "her fingernails were worn away"
8. away - adverb
· at a distance in space or time; "the boat was 5 miles off (or away)"; "the party is still 2 weeks off (or away)"; "away back in the 18th century"
9. away - adverb
· indicating continuing action; continuously or steadily; "he worked away at the project for more than a year"; "the child kept hammering away as if his life depended on it"
10. away - adverb
· so as to be removed or gotten rid of; "cleared the mess away"; "the rotted wood had to be cut away"
11. away - adverb
· freely or at will; "fire away!"
12. away - adverb
· in or into a proper place (especially for storage or safekeeping); "put the toys away"; "her jewels are locked away in a safe"; "filed the letter away"
13. away - adverb
· in a different direction; "turn aside"; "turn away one's face"; "glanced away"
14. away - adverb
· in reserve; not for immediate use; "started setting aside money to buy a car"; "put something by for her old age"; "has a nest egg tucked away for a rainy day"
Synonym(s): aside, by
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.