Dictionary Results for authorities|
1. authorities - noun
· the organization that is the governing authority of a political unit; "the government reduced taxes"; "the matter was referred to higher authorities"
Synonym(s): government, regime
2. authority - noun
· the power or right to give orders or make decisions; "he has the authority to issue warrants"; "deputies are given authorization to make arrests"; "a place of potency in the state"
Synonym(s): authorization, authorisation, potency, dominance, say-so
3. authority - noun
· (usually plural) persons who exercise (administrative) control over others; "the authorities have issued a curfew"
Hypernym(s): person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
4. authority - noun
· an expert whose views are taken as definitive; "he is an authority on corporate law"
5. authority - noun
· freedom from doubt; belief in yourself and your abilities; "his assurance in his superiority did not make him popular"; "after that failure he lost his confidence"; "she spoke with authority"
Synonym(s): assurance, self-assurance, confidence, self-confidence, sureness
6. authority - noun
· an administrative unit of government; "the Central Intelligence Agency"; "the Census Bureau"; "Office of Management and Budget"; "Tennessee Valley Authority"
Synonym(s): agency, federal_agency, government_agency, bureau, office
Hypernym(s): administrative_unit, administrative_body
7. authority - noun
· official permission or approval; "authority for the program was renewed several times"
Synonym(s): authorization, authorisation, sanction
8. authority - noun
· an authoritative written work; "this book is the final authority on the life of Milton"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.