1. assume - verb
· take to be the case or to be true; accept without verification or proof; "I assume his train was late"
2. assume - verb
· take on titles, offices, duties, responsibilities; "When will the new President assume office?"
3. assume - verb
· take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect; "His voice took on a sad tone"; "The story took a new turn"; "he adopted an air of superiority"; "She assumed strange manners"; "The gods assume human or animal form in these fables"
4. assume - verb
· take on as one's own the expenses or debts of another person; "I'll accept the charges"; "She agreed to bear the responsibility"
5. assume - verb
· occupy or take on; "He assumes the lotus position"; "She took her seat on the stage"; "We took our seats in the orchestra"; "She took up her position behind the tree"; "strike a pose"
6. assume - verb
· seize and take control without authority and possibly with force; take as one's right or possession; "He assumed to himself the right to fill all positions in the town"; "he usurped my rights"; "She seized control of the throne after her husband died"
7. assume - verb
· make a pretence of; "She assumed indifference, even though she was seething with anger"; "he feigned sleep"
8. assume - verb
· take up someone's soul into heaven; "This is the day when Mary was assumed into heaven"
9. assume - verb
· put clothing on one's body; "What should I wear today?"; "He put on his best suit for the wedding"; "The princess donned a long blue dress"; "The queen assumed the stately robes"; "He got into his jeans"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.