1. assimilate - verb
· take up mentally; "he absorbed the knowledge or beliefs of his tribe"
2. assimilate - verb
· become similar to one's environment; "Immigrants often want to assimilate quickly"
3. assimilate - verb
· make similar; "This country assimilates immigrants very quickly"
4. assimilate - verb
· take (gas, light or heat) into a solution
5. assimilate - verb
· become similar in sound; "The nasal assimilates to the following consonant"
6. assimilating - adjective
· capable of taking (gas, light, or liquids) into a solution; "an assimilative substance"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.