Dictionary Results for aroused|
1. arouse - verb
· call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses); "arouse pity"; "raise a smile"; "evoke sympathy"
Synonym(s): elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
Hypernym(s): make, create
2. arouse - verb
· stop sleeping; "She woke up to the sound of the alarm clock"
Synonym(s): wake_up, awake, awaken, wake, come_alive, waken
Hypernym(s): change_state, turn
3. arouse - verb
· summon into action or bring into existence, often as if by magic; "raise the specter of unemployment"; "he conjured wild birds in the air"; "call down the spirits from the mountain"
Synonym(s): raise, conjure, conjure_up, invoke, evoke, stir, call_down, bring_up, put_forward, call_forth
Hypernym(s): call_up, summon
4. arouse - verb
· cause to be alert and energetic; "Coffee and tea stimulate me"; "This herbal infusion doesn't stimulate"
Synonym(s): stimulate, brace, energize, energise, perk_up
5. arouse - verb
· cause to become awake or conscious; "He was roused by the drunken men in the street"; "Please wake me at 6 AM."
Synonym(s): awaken, wake, waken, rouse, wake_up
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
6. arouse - verb
· to begin moving; "As the thunder started the sleeping children began to stir"
7. arouse - verb
· stimulate sexually; "This movie usually arouses the male audience"
Synonym(s): sex, excite, turn_on, wind_up
Hypernym(s): stimulate, shake, shake_up, excite, stir
8. aroused - adjective
· aroused to action; "the aroused opposition"
9. aroused - adjective
· emotionally aroused
Synonym(s): stimulated, stirred, stirred_up
10. aroused - adjective
· brought to a state of great tension; "all wound up for a fight"
11. aroused - adjective
· feeling great sexual desire; "feeling horny"
Synonym(s): horny, randy, ruttish, steamy, turned_on
12. aroused - adjective
· keenly excited (especially sexually) or indicating excitement; "his face all ablaze with excitement"- Bram Stoker; "he was aflame with desire"
Synonym(s): ablaze, aflame
13. aroused - adjective
· (of persons) excessively affected by emotion; "he would become emotional over nothing at all"; "she was worked up about all the noise"
Synonym(s): emotional, excited, worked_up
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.