1. appeal - noun
· earnest or urgent request; "an entreaty to stop the fighting"; "an appeal for help"; "an appeal to the public to keep calm"
2. appeal - noun
· attractiveness that interests or pleases or stimulates; "his smile was part of his appeal to her"
3. appeal - noun
· (law) a legal proceeding in which the appellant resorts to a higher court for the purpose of obtaining a review of a lower court decision and a reversal of the lower court's judgment or the granting of a new trial; "their appeal was denied in the superior court"
4. appeal - noun
· request for a sum of money; "an appeal to raise money for starving children"
5. appeal - verb
· take a court case to a higher court for review; "He was found guilty but appealed immediately"
6. appeal - verb
· request earnestly (something from somebody); ask for aid or protection; "appeal to somebody for help"; "Invoke God in times of trouble"
7. appeal - verb
· be attractive to; "The idea of a vacation appeals to me"; "The beautiful garden attracted many people"
8. appeal - verb
· challenge (a decision); "She appealed the verdict"
9. appeal - verb
· cite as an authority; resort to; "He invoked the law that would save him"; "I appealed to the law of 1900"; "She invoked an ancient law"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.