1. air - noun
· a mixture of gases (especially oxygen) required for breathing; the stuff that the wind consists of; "air pollution"; "a smell of chemicals in the air"; "open a window and let in some air"; "I need some fresh air"
2. air - noun
· the region above the ground; "her hand stopped in mid air"; "he threw the ball into the air"
3. air - noun
· a distinctive but intangible quality surrounding a person or thing; "an air of mystery"; "the house had a neglected air"; "an atmosphere of defeat pervaded the candidate's headquarters"; "the place had an aura of romance"
4. air - noun
· a slight wind (usually refreshing); "the breeze was cooled by the lake"; "as he waited he could feel the air on his neck"
5. air - noun
· the mass of air surrounding the Earth; "there was great heat as the comet entered the atmosphere"; "it was exposed to the air"
6. air - noun
· once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles)
7. air - noun
· a succession of notes forming a distinctive sequence; "she was humming an air from Beethoven"
8. air - noun
· medium for radio and television broadcasting; "the program was on the air from 9 til midnight"; "the president used the airwaves to take his message to the people"
9. air - noun
· travel via aircraft; "air travel involves too much waiting in airports"; "if you've time to spare go by air"
10. air - verb
· expose to fresh air; "aerate your old sneakers"
11. air - verb
· be broadcast; "This show will air Saturdays at 2 P.M."
12. air - verb
· broadcast over the airwaves, as in radio or television; "We cannot air this X-rated song"
13. air - verb
· make public; "She aired her opinions on welfare"
14. air - verb
· expose to warm or heated air, so as to dry; "Air linen"
15. air - verb
· expose to cool or cold air so as to cool or freshen; "air the old winter clothes"; "air out the smoke-filled rooms"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.