Dictionary Results for adjusted|
1. adjust - verb
· alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard; "Adjust the clock, please"; "correct the alignment of the front wheels"
Synonym(s): set, correct
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
2. adjust - verb
· place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel or straight; "align the car with the curb"; "align the sheets of paper on the table"
Synonym(s): align, aline, line_up
3. adjust - verb
· adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions; "We must adjust to the bad economic situation"
Synonym(s): conform, adapt
4. adjust - verb
· make correspondent or conformable; "Adjust your eyes to the darkness"
Hypernym(s): adapt, accommodate
5. adjust - verb
· decide how much is to be paid on an insurance claim
Hypernym(s): decide, settle, resolve, adjudicate
6. adjusted - adjective
· altered to accommodate to certain requirements or bring into a proper relation; "an adjusted insurance claim"; "the car runs more smoothly with the timing adjusted"
7. adjusted - adjective
· adjusted to demands of daily living; showing emotional stability
8. adjusted - adjective
· having achieved a comfortable relation with your environment
Synonym(s): familiarized, familiarised
9. adjusted - adjective
· (especially of garments) having the fit or style adjusted; "for my wedding I had my mother's wedding dress altered to fit me"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.