Dictionary Results for addressed|
1. address - verb
· speak to; "He addressed the crowd outside the window"
Hypernym(s): communicate, intercommunicate
2. address - verb
· give a speech to; "The chairman addressed the board of trustees"
3. address - verb
· put an address on (an envelope)
4. address - verb
· direct a question at someone
Hypernym(s): target, aim, place, direct, point
5. address - verb
· address or apply oneself to something, direct one's efforts towards something, such as a question
Hypernym(s): use, utilize, utilise, apply, employ
6. address - verb
· greet, as with a prescribed form, title, or name; "He always addresses me with `Sir'"; "Call me Mister"; "She calls him by first name"
Hypernym(s): address, turn_to
7. address - verb
· access or locate by address
8. address - verb
· act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China"
Synonym(s): cover, treat, handle, plow, deal
Hypernym(s): broach, initiate
9. address - verb
· speak to someone
Synonym(s): accost, come_up_to
Hypernym(s): come, come_up
10. address - verb
· adjust and aim (a golf ball) at in preparation of hitting
Hypernym(s): align, aline, line_up, adjust
11. addressed - adjective
· (of mail) marked with a destination; "I throw away all mail addressed to `resident'"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.