Dictionary Results for address|
1. address - noun
· (computer science) the code that identifies where a piece of information is stored
Synonym(s): computer_address, reference
Hypernym(s): code, computer_code
2. address - noun
· the place where a person or organization can be found or communicated with
Hypernym(s): geographic_point, geographical_point
3. address - noun
· the act of delivering a formal spoken communication to an audience; "he listened to an address on minor Roman poets"
4. address - noun
· the manner of speaking to another individual; "he failed in his manner of address to the captain"
Hypernym(s): manner_of_speaking, speech, delivery
5. address - noun
· a sign in front of a house or business carrying the conventional form by which its location is described
6. address - noun
· written directions for finding some location; written on letters or packages that are to be delivered to that location
Synonym(s): destination, name_and_address
Hypernym(s): direction, instruction
7. address - noun
· the stance assumed by a golfer in preparation for hitting a golf ball
8. address - noun
· social skill
Hypernym(s): tact, tactfulness
9. address - verb
· speak to; "He addressed the crowd outside the window"
Hypernym(s): communicate, intercommunicate
10. address - verb
· give a speech to; "The chairman addressed the board of trustees"
11. address - verb
· put an address on (an envelope)
12. address - verb
· direct a question at someone
Hypernym(s): target, aim, place, direct, point
13. address - verb
· address or apply oneself to something, direct one's efforts towards something, such as a question
Hypernym(s): use, utilize, utilise, apply, employ
14. address - verb
· greet, as with a prescribed form, title, or name; "He always addresses me with `Sir'"; "Call me Mister"; "She calls him by first name"
Hypernym(s): address, turn_to
15. address - verb
· access or locate by address
16. address - verb
· act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China"
Synonym(s): cover, treat, handle, plow, deal
Hypernym(s): broach, initiate
17. address - verb
· speak to someone
Synonym(s): accost, come_up_to
Hypernym(s): come, come_up
18. address - verb
· adjust and aim (a golf ball) at in preparation of hitting
Hypernym(s): align, aline, line_up, adjust
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.