Dictionary Results for accommodating|
1. accommodate - verb
· be agreeable or acceptable to; "This suits my needs"
Synonym(s): suit, fit
Hypernym(s): fit, conform_to, meet, satisfy, fill, fulfill, fulfil
2. accommodate - verb
· make fit for, or change to suit a new purpose; "Adapt our native cuisine to the available food resources of the new country"
Hypernym(s): change, alter, vary
3. accommodate - verb
· provide with something desired or needed; "Can you accommodate me with a rental car?"
Hypernym(s): provide, supply, ply, cater
4. accommodate - verb
· have room for; hold without crowding; "This hotel can accommodate 250 guests"; "The theater admits 300 people"; "The auditorium can't hold more than 500 people"
Synonym(s): hold, admit
5. accommodate - verb
· provide housing for; "We are lodging three foreign students this semester"
Hypernym(s): house, put_up, domiciliate
6. accommodate - verb
· provide a service or favor for someone; "We had to oblige him"
Hypernym(s): comply, follow, abide_by
7. accommodate - verb
· make (one thing) compatible with (another); "The scientists had to accommodate the new results with the existing theories"
Synonym(s): reconcile, conciliate
Hypernym(s): harmonize, harmonise
8. accommodating - adjective
· helpful in bringing about a harmonious adaptation; "the warden was always accommodating in allowing visitors in"; "made a special effort to be accommodating"
9. accommodating - adjective
· obliging; willing to do favors; "made a special effort to be accommodating"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.