1. acceptance - noun
· the mental attitude that something is believable and should be accepted as true; "he gave credence to the gossip"; "acceptance of Newtonian mechanics was unquestioned for 200 years"
2. acceptance - noun
· the act of accepting with approval; favorable reception; "its adoption by society"; "the proposal found wide acceptance"
3. acceptance - noun
· the state of being acceptable and accepted; "torn jeans received no acceptance at the country club"
4. acceptance - noun
· (contract law) words signifying consent to the terms of an offer (thereby creating a contract)
5. acceptance - noun
· banking: a time draft drawn on and accepted by a bank
6. acceptance - noun
· a disposition to tolerate or accept people or situations; "all people should practice toleration and live together in peace"
7. acceptance - noun
· the act of taking something that is offered; "her acceptance of the gift encouraged him"; "he anticipated their acceptance of his offer"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.