Dictionary Results for abstract|
1. abstract - noun
· a concept or idea not associated with any specific instance; "he loved her only in the abstract--not in person"
Hypernym(s): concept, conception, construct
2. abstract - noun
· a sketchy summary of the main points of an argument or theory
Synonym(s): outline, synopsis, precis
Hypernym(s): summary, sum-up
3. abstract - verb
· consider a concept without thinking of a specific example; consider abstractly or theoretically
Hypernym(s): see, consider, reckon, view, regard
4. abstract - verb
· make off with belongings of others
Synonym(s): pilfer, cabbage, purloin, pinch, snarf, swipe, hook, sneak, filch, nobble, lift
Hypernym(s): steal, rip_off, rip
5. abstract - verb
· consider apart from a particular case or instance; "Let's abstract away from this particular example"
Hypernym(s): consider, take, deal, look_at
6. abstract - verb
· give an abstract (of)
Hypernym(s): sum_up, summarize, summarise, resume
7. abstract - adjective
· existing only in the mind; separated from embodiment; "abstract words like `truth' and `justice'"
8. abstract - adjective
· not representing or imitating external reality or the objects of nature; "a large abstract painting"
Synonym(s): abstractionist, nonfigurative, nonobjective
9. abstract - adjective
· dealing with a subject in the abstract without practical purpose or intention; "abstract reasoning"; "abstract science"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.