Dictionary Results for yoke|
1. yoke - noun
· fabric comprising a fitted part at the top of a garment
Hypernym(s): fabric, cloth, material, textile
2. yoke - noun
· an oppressive power; "under the yoke of a tyrant"; "they threw off the yoke of domination"
3. yoke - noun
· two items of the same kind
Synonym(s): couple, pair, twosome, twain, brace, span, couplet, distich, duo, duet, dyad, duad
Hypernym(s): two, 2, II, deuce
4. yoke - noun
· a pair of draft animals joined by a yoke; "pulled by a yoke of oxen"
5. yoke - noun
· support consisting of a wooden frame across the shoulders that enables a person to carry buckets hanging from each end
6. yoke - noun
· a connection (like a clamp or vise) between two things so they move together
Hypernym(s): connection, connexion, connector, connecter, connective
7. yoke - noun
· stable gear that joins two draft animals at the neck so they can work together as a team
Hypernym(s): stable_gear, saddlery, tack
8. yoke - verb
· become joined or linked together
Hypernym(s): join, conjoin
9. yoke - verb
· link with or as with a yoke; "yoke the oxen together"
10. yoke - verb
· put a yoke on or join with a yoke; "Yoke the draft horses together"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.