1. yard - noun
· a unit of length equal to 3 feet; defined as 91.44 centimeters; originally taken to be the average length of a stride
2. yard - noun
· the enclosed land around a house or other building; "it was a small house with almost no yard"
3. yard - noun
· a tract of land enclosed for particular activities (sometimes paved and usually associated with buildings); "they opened a repair yard on the edge of town"
4. yard - noun
· the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100
5. yard - noun
· a unit of volume (as for sand or gravel)
6. yard - noun
· a tract of land where logs are accumulated
7. yard - noun
· an area having a network of railway tracks and sidings for storage and maintenance of cars and engines
8. yard - noun
· a long horizontal spar tapered at the end and used to support and spread a square sail or lateen
9. yard - noun
· an enclosure for animals (as chicken or livestock)
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.