Dictionary Results for world|
1. world - noun
· everything that exists anywhere; "they study the evolution of the universe"; "the biggest tree in existence"
Synonym(s): universe, existence, creation, cosmos, macrocosm
2. world - noun
· people in general; especially a distinctive group of people with some shared interest; "the Western world"
Hypernym(s): class, stratum, social_class, socio-economic_class
3. world - noun
· all of your experiences that determine how things appear to you; "his world was shattered"; "we live in different worlds"; "for them demons were as much a part of reality as trees were"
4. world - noun
· the 3rd planet from the sun; the planet we live on; "the Earth moves around the sun"; "he sailed around the world"
Synonym(s): Earth, earth, globe
5. world - noun
· people in general considered as a whole; "he is a hero in the eyes of the public"
Synonym(s): populace, public
6. world - noun
· a part of the earth that can be considered separately; "the outdoor world"; "the world of insects"
Hypernym(s): part, piece
7. world - noun
· the concerns of this life as distinguished from heaven and the afterlife; "they consider the church to be independent of the world"
Synonym(s): worldly_concern, earthly_concern, earth
8. world - noun
· all of the living human inhabitants of the earth; "all the world loves a lover"; "she always used `humankind' because `mankind' seemed to slight the women"
Synonym(s): human_race, humanity, humankind, human_beings, humans, mankind, man
Hypernym(s): homo, man, human_being, human, group, grouping
9. world - adjective
· involving the entire earth; not limited or provincial in scope; "global war"; "global monetary policy"; "neither national nor continental but planetary"; "a world crisis"; "of worldwide significance"
Synonym(s): global, planetary, worldwide, world-wide
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.