Dictionary Results for weakened|
1. weaken - verb
· lessen the strength of; "The fever weakened his body"
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
2. weaken - verb
· become weaker; "The prisoner's resistance weakened after seven days"
Hypernym(s): decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
3. weaken - verb
· destroy property or hinder normal operations; "The Resistance sabotaged railroad operations during the war"
Synonym(s): sabotage, undermine, countermine, counteract, subvert
4. weaken - verb
· reduce the level or intensity or size or scope of; "de-escalate a crisis"
Synonym(s): de-escalate, step_down
Hypernym(s): decrease, lessen, minify
5. weaken - verb
· lessen in force or effect; "soften a shock"; "break a fall"
Synonym(s): dampen, damp, soften, break
Hypernym(s): deaden, blunt
6. weakened - adjective
· impaired by diminution
Synonym(s): diminished, lessened, vitiated
7. weakened - adjective
· made weak or weaker
8. weakened - adjective
· reduced in strength; "the faded tones of an old recording"
Synonym(s): attenuate, attenuated, faded
9. weakened - adjective
· mixed with water; "sold cut whiskey"; "a cup of thinned soup"
Synonym(s): cut, thinned
10. weakened - adjective
· damaged; used of inanimate objects or their value
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.