Dictionary Results for waver|
1. waver - noun
· someone who communicates by waving
2. waver - noun
· the act of pausing uncertainly; "there was a hesitation in his speech"
Synonym(s): hesitation, falter, faltering
3. waver - noun
· the act of moving back and forth
Synonym(s): flutter, flicker
Hypernym(s): motion, movement, move, motility
4. waver - verb
· pause or hold back in uncertainty or unwillingness; "Authorities hesitate to quote exact figures"
Synonym(s): hesitate, waffle
5. waver - verb
· be unsure or weak; "Their enthusiasm is faltering"
Hypernym(s): hesitate, waver, waffle
6. waver - verb
· move hesitatingly, as if about to give way
7. waver - verb
· move or sway in a rising and falling or wavelike pattern; "the line on the monitor vacillated"
Synonym(s): fluctuate, vacillate
8. waver - verb
· move back and forth very rapidly; "the candle flickered"
Synonym(s): flicker, flitter, flutter, quiver
9. waver - verb
· sway from side to side
Hypernym(s): swing, sway
10. waver - verb
· give off unsteady sounds, alternating in amplitude or frequency
Hypernym(s): voice, sound, vocalize, vocalise
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.