Dictionary Results for wall|
1. wall - noun
· an architectural partition with a height and length greater than its thickness; used to divide or enclose an area or to support another structure; "the south wall had a small window"; "the walls were covered with pictures"
Hypernym(s): partition, divider
2. wall - noun
· anything that suggests a wall in structure or function or effect; "a wall of water"; "a wall of smoke"; "a wall of prejudice"; "negotiations ran into a brick wall"
Hypernym(s): object, physical_object
3. wall - noun
· (anatomy) a layer (a lining or membrane) that encloses a structure; "stomach walls"
4. wall - noun
· a difficult or awkward situation; "his back was to the wall"; "competition was pushing them to the wall"
5. wall - noun
· a vertical (or almost vertical) smooth rock face (as of a cave or mountain)
Hypernym(s): geological_formation, formation
6. wall - noun
· a layer of material that encloses space; "the walls of the cylinder were perforated"; "the container's walls were blue"
Hypernym(s): layer, bed
7. wall - noun
· a masonry fence (as around an estate or garden); "the wall followed the road"; "he ducked behind the garden wall and waited"
Hypernym(s): fence, fencing
8. wall - noun
· an embankment built around a space for defensive purposes; "they stormed the ramparts of the city"; "they blew the trumpet and the walls came tumbling down"
Synonym(s): rampart, bulwark
9. wall - verb
· surround with a wall in order to fortify
Synonym(s): palisade, fence, fence_in, surround
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.