Dictionary Results for variation|
1. variation - noun
· an instance of change; the rate or magnitude of change
Hypernym(s): change, alteration, modification
2. variation - noun
· an activity that varies from a norm or standard; "any variation in his routine was immediately reported"
3. variation - noun
· a repetition of a musical theme in which it is modified or embellished
Hypernym(s): theme, melodic_theme, musical_theme, idea
4. variation - noun
· something a little different from others of the same type; "an experimental version of the night fighter"; "a variant of the same word"; "an emery wheel is the modern variation of a grindstone"; "the boy is a younger edition of his father"
Synonym(s): version, variant, edition
5. variation - noun
· an artifact that deviates from a norm or standard; "he patented a variation on the sandal"
6. variation - noun
· the angle (at a particular location) between magnetic north and true north
Synonym(s): magnetic_declination, magnetic_variation
7. variation - noun
· the process of varying or being varied
Hypernym(s): process, physical_process
8. variation - noun
· (astronomy) any perturbation of the mean motion or orbit of a planet or satellite (especially a perturbation of the earth's moon)
9. variation - noun
· (biology) an organism that has characteristics resulting from chromosomal alteration
Synonym(s): mutant, mutation, sport
Hypernym(s): organism, being
10. variation - noun
· (ballet) a solo dance or dance figure
Hypernym(s): dancing, dance, terpsichore, saltation
11. variation - noun
· the act of changing or altering something slightly but noticeably from the norm or standard; "who is responsible for these variations in taxation?"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.