1. transposition - noun
· any abnormal position of the organs of the body
2. transposition - noun
· an event in which one thing is substituted for another; "the replacement of lost blood by a transfusion of donor blood"
3. transposition - noun
· (genetics) a kind of mutation in which a chromosomal segment is transfered to a new position on the same or another chromosome
4. transposition - noun
· (mathematics) the transfer of a quantity from one side of an equation to the other along with a change of sign
5. transposition - noun
· (electricity) a rearrangement of the relative positions of power lines in order to minimize the effects of mutual capacitance and inductance; "he wrote a textbook on the electrical effects of transposition"
6. transposition - noun
· the act of reversing the order or place of
7. transposition - noun
· (music) playing in a different key from the key intended; moving the pitch of a piece of music upwards or downwards
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.