Dictionary Results for tough|
1. tough - noun
· someone who learned to fight in the streets rather than being formally trained in the sport of boxing
Hypernym(s): combatant, battler, belligerent, fighter, scrapper
2. tough - noun
· an aggressive and violent young criminal
Synonym(s): hood, hoodlum, goon, punk, thug, toughie, strong-armer
Hypernym(s): criminal, felon, crook, outlaw, malefactor
3. tough - noun
· a cruel and brutal fellow
Synonym(s): bully, hooligan, ruffian, roughneck, rowdy, yob, yobo, yobbo
Hypernym(s): attacker, aggressor, assailant, assaulter
4. tough - adjective
· not given to gentleness or sentimentality; "a tough character"
5. tough - adjective
· very difficult; severely testing stamina or resolution; "a rugged competitive examination"; "the rugged conditions of frontier life"; "the competition was tough"; "it's a tough life"; "it was a tough job"
6. tough - adjective
· physically toughened; "the tough bottoms of his feet"
7. tough - adjective
· substantially made or constructed; "sturdy steel shelves"; "sturdy canvas"; "a tough all-weather fabric"; "some plastics are as tough as metal"
8. tough - adjective
· violent and lawless; "the more ruffianly element"; "tough street gangs"
9. tough - adjective
· feeling physical discomfort or pain (`tough' is occasionally used colloquially for `bad'); "my throat feels bad"; "she felt bad all over"; "he was feeling tough after a restless night"
10. tough - adjective
· resistant to cutting or chewing
11. tough - adjective
· unfortunate or hard to bear; "had hard luck"; "a tough break"
12. tough - adjective
· making great mental demands; hard to comprehend or solve or believe; "a baffling problem"; "I faced the knotty problem of what to have for breakfast"; "a problematic situation at home"
Synonym(s): baffling, elusive, knotty, problematic, problematical
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.